Monday, February 16, 2015

Alien 3 NES Nintendo Game


Alien 3: NES (1993)

Much like Total Recall, I had no idea this was ever made into a game, much less an original Nintendo NES game back in 1993. But they did, and then again for the SNES, and then Sega Genesis also released a game based off of this film, all generally within a span of just a few years I think. But needless to say, when NECA announced they would be releasing a new 8 Bit figure to go with their awesome 8 Bit Retro Video Game Appearance line of figures, I knew I had to track this original game down, which wasn't easy.

Not sure if it's just the demand, or the simple fact that NECA decided to immortalize the "dog" alien from this film, but the game suddenly became hard to acquire at a decent price. I generally don't like to spend more than about $20 on an old NES game if I can help it, so I had to wait this one out for awhile until I came across one in decent shape, and CIB (complete in box) for a reasonable price. The waiting paid off, and I was finally able to acquire one for my collection.

I have yet to play the game itself, which I will do eventually shortly, but everything is in excellent condition, considering it's age. The manual has seen better days, but I'm thoroughly impressed at how well the box has been preserved all these years. It didn't come with any advertisements it may have originally had, but everything else is included.

After getting this and also the SNES game, I guess you can say I've been on a bit of an Alien 3 kick, so I decided to revisit the film (workprint version) yesterday and I love it every bit as much as I always have. While David Fincher has disowned the thing entirely, I think it's a gorgeous looking science fiction film, and along with a myriad of reasons, consider it an excellent Alien film. But that's just my opinion.

3 comments:

  1. Love the Alien 3 logo. Great piece of branding. None of this badly photoshopped heads on random bodies that we get nowadays.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Absolutely man. I've said it before, and I'll say it again, it just seems like companies and studios just randomly pick some high school kid to do all their work on their laptop these days. I mean, just as an example, how about the posters for Avengers and the new one? Jesus, how hard would it be to just be a little creative from time to time?!

      Delete
  2. I know it's like they don't care. Avengers Age of Ultron poster was atrocious. So few movies that come out nowadays with awesome/memorable artwork. Can't even think of any good ones from the last 10 years.

    ReplyDelete