Saturday, January 24, 2015

Friday the 13th NES Nintendo Game

Friday the 13th: NES (1989)

This game, along with less than a handful of others, I consider the holy grail of vintage games.....for me. Not that it's rare or anything, because it's not. In any given time, you'll find countless sellers offering this baby up for grabs. Now, being able to acquire it at a decent price is another thing. You see, while it's considered one of the all-time worst video games in history, because the whole 8-Bit Jason thing has taken off so big, you'll be lucky to pay less than $30 for it.

So it wasn't so much the fact that I couldn't find one, they're always around, it was just trying to get one without paying an arm and a leg for. I'm also not entirely sure why certain NES games go for much higher prices than others and how those prices are determined. For example, you can find a Rambo NES game complete in box for about $15 or so easy. But finding a Predator NES game complete, you'd be paying about $50 on up. And Robocop is easy to find and easily snaggable for about $15 - $20 complete. But Robocop 2 is another story. You'd be lucky to pay less than $50 for that one, and I have no idea why. It's mainly just a bit frustrating more than anything when there's no real rhyme or reason behind the pricing of these. A Nightmare on Elm Street for the NES is just insane, and by far the worst as far as prices go. 

In any case, I seriously lucked out on this one. I've bid and lost to many auctions for this game because I refuse to pay more than $20 for it. I bid, out of habit, on an auction for one that looked in really good shape and was complete. Ultimately I ended up getting it for $10 and I couldn't believe it. Sometimes the universe works in my favor and this was one of those days.

No comments:

Post a Comment