Wednesday, January 21, 2015

Robocop 12 inch Audiotronic Talking Action Figure (1993)

Recently, since the weather's been excellent, I've gotten into hitting local flea markets, of which there is no shortage of in my area. I typically don't because usually the weather is around 100 degrees with 100% humidity, but the recent change in weather due to winter has made it bearable again.

I hit up one of the larger ones the valley has to offer last Sunday and while this particular flea market was a bust and unimpressive, I did find this beauty. Immediately I assumed it was some sort of Robocop knockoff of some sort, but as soon as I got home I did some research and discovered it is indeed a legit release, going back to 1993, coinciding with the release of Robocop 3 in theaters.

What I ultimately ended up finding out is that there are a lot of large Robocop figures out there, and I've seriously been missing out all these years. I have a LOT of catching up to do. This big guy stands an impressive 12 inches tall and is known as Audiotronic Talking Robocop. He dispenses 3 phrases in a voice that sounds nothing like Peter Weller's from the film, while his vision visor and lower half of his face light up when you push a small button located on his lower chest. After doing a little digging I knew immediately it had to have come out with the third film because his left arm is removable and replaceable by that big ass hand/machine gun featured prominently in the disastrous Part 3. This figure was missing that big arm attachment gun, as well as his regular side weapon, which is concealed in his right leg, just like in the movie. 

So no guns with this bad boy, but I've already ordered a replacement for his regular gun. Maybe one day I'll get a replacement for his removable arm. I'm honestly just very happy he's in such good shape, and that he still works! 

1 comment:

  1. Christophermillington@64gmail.com hellow Christopher Millington hellow customer service already placed my order robocop talking figure want delivery 17 fellows Road bilston Wolverhampton WV14 6RD today please you send text message back today call me back on my Samsung s21 galaxy mobile phone number is 07956788139

    ReplyDelete