Thursday, January 15, 2015

The Last Starfighter NES Nintendo Game





























The Last Starfigher: NES (1990)

Recently as I've dived head on into finding old original NES and SNES games, especially the ones I used to play when I was a teenager in the 80's, I've been on the hunt at local thrift stores, pawn shops and flea markets. Lucky for me, I live in an area where there's no shortage of flea markets. It always just depends on whether I want to battle whatever weather conditions may be taking place during that particular Sunday. Down here, it's almost always 100 degrees with 100% humidity, which sucks.

About a week ago, on an awesome cool and breezy day, I hit up a big outdoor flea market hoping to find anything retro or vintage. About halfway through the market, my girlfriend spotted this for me and I almost lost my shit. First off, I had NO IDEA this was ever a fucking NES game. And secondly, I can't believe this old lady actually had this with it's original box!

While the box is quite beat up, the cartridge is in good shape. Unfortunately it's missing the manual, any advertisements it may have come with and the styrofoam insert, but those are things I can grab at any time online and soon this will be a complete set. I ended up paying $8 for this, and also found some other cool little toys that I will be posting on here soon.

I have a LOT of stuff to catch up on as far as posting goes, so there will be more than a few a day on here, so don't forget to check back here often and don't forget to comment!

2 comments:

  1. Hey dude, loving the new site. I'm a bit of collector of random movie ephemera too. Keep meaning to do some posts.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thanks man! I have so much to post, so be on the lookout! And please, start sharing your stuff as well!

      Delete