Tuesday, January 20, 2015

Judge Dredd Japan Mega Drive Sega Game


Judge Dredd: Japan Mega Drive Sega Genesis (1995)

When I recently got back into old school/retro/vintage gaming, one of the things I noticed immediately is how much I love Judge Dredd for the SNES and Sega systems. It's awesome side-scroller action at it's best with both versions of the game also offering up a killer score. 

I've always been and always will be a Nintendo guy, but when I recently got this game for the Sega Genesis, I fell head over heels in love with the tighter 16 Bit graphics, and most importantly, the blood and violence missing from the SNES version.

After I got my hands of the Sega Genesis version of the game, I shockingly came upon this at a local flea market. I don't remember what I paid for it, but I think it was either $5 or $10, and I was one very happy camper. Not only that, it's in excellent shape, with any wear being to the actual clamshell cover, which can easily be replaced at some point. The instruction manual is even included!

Essentially, it's the same exact version as the US version for the Sega Genesis. There's absolutely nothing different about this one. One thing that does bother me about this game, and any Sega Genesis game in general, is that the screen is constantly moving, even thought it's a side-scroller game. So when you jump or kneel, the screen moves with you, and for someone who has motion sickness, it can get quite grueling after a while. 

Despite my gripe about the constant moving screen, I do LOVE this game for the Sega Genesis. the graphics are better, and being able to have blood and more violence on the screen is always a plus. Next to Batman for the NES and Robocop VS Terminator for both systems, this is one of my favorite side-scroller games ever. 

No comments:

Post a Comment