Monday, January 19, 2015

The Punisher (1989) Japanese Laserdisc

Up until recently, my Instagram account was only used sparingly. In fact, I'd often forget that I had it. Then one day while I was randomly browsing on there I realized that a lot of fellow collectors like myself, filmgeeks, nerds, whatever, were using that format to post pics of their amazing collections and I realized that I had been seriously missing out. Not only that, I totally missed the bus when it came to meeting people who share the same passions as I do.

A few months back I became much more active on it and immediately made some friends from all over the world who loved the same kind of toys I do, the same kind of games, and most importantly, the same kind of movies. Almost immediately everyone noticed my love for the character of The Punisher, with the low-budget Dolph Lundgren starring version being my absolute favorite. A fellow collector of almost everything all the way in Norway, who has the same taste in films, and collecting as I do, offered to give me one of these for free, knowing I loved The Punisher, Dolph Lundgren, and Laserdiscs. Now that is a standup guy right there. All he asked for in return was to help him out in the future with a random film, which I fulfilled almost immediately.

There's a fine line between "collecting" and "flipping". A lot of so-called collectors don't seem to know the difference....sadly.

No comments:

Post a Comment