Friday, January 23, 2015

Iron Man and The Punisher Toy Biz Action Figures (1991)


I had completely forgotten about this particular toy line, by the late great Toy Biz. I remember seeing them often in the toy stores - back when we "had' toy stores - but for some reason, never thought to grab them. Truthfully, I'm not entirely sure how many of these there are in total. I think somewhere like 6. On a recent trip to back up to my former hometown of Austin, TX, I stopped into a local eclectic collectibles store that sells a bunch of everything. Surprisingly to me, they added vintage action figures to their ever-growing list of items up for sale, and so without hesitation I grabbed this sucker for about $16. 

Classic Iron Man will always be my favorite. In the 80's I collected different Iron Man comics, and when I took up comic collecting again after a looooong hiatus back in the 2000's, it was just the right time as Warren Ellis's excellent "Extremis" storyline was just hitting shelves, and renewed my love for the character all over again. Marvel had a solid run too up until a few years ago, of which I collected almost every issue.


This one was a total surprise. First in that they choice The Punisher as one of the included characters in this line, and second that I never thought I'd come across one personally unless I ordered it off of eBay. But holy shit, that's exactly what happened when I shockingly found it at a local toy expo that's given here once a month......for $5! Not only that, the seller gave me an extra loose one for free. I couldn't believe it. That's salesmanship.

I know there are a few others in this line I'm looking to snag eventually, mainly Captain America and Daredevil. To be continued...


No comments:

Post a Comment