Thursday, January 22, 2015

The Punisher NES Nintendo Game


The Punisher: NES (1990)

If you haven't already guessed by now, I'm quite obsessed with The Punisher. But not just any iteration of the character. No sir. My love and taste is pretty specific for this character. Of course you know I'm all kinds of obsessed with the low-budget 1989 film version starring Dolph Lundgren. Why? Because it's just awesome, that's why. But I also love pretty much any 80's take on the character. I think it's because that was when I was introduced to him, and so I'll always have a nostalgic love for any 80's iteration of this guy, which includes pretty much any artwork by Jim Lee and Mike Zeck, who defined The Punisher's trademark look in the 80's. 

I had this game when I was a kid, and remember playing it fondly with a buddy of mine. It really is a fun game with some excellent graphics. In fact, it's a better game than you'd expect it to be all around, and now I know why I never forgot it. When I got back into vintage/retro game collecting, I just knew this would have to be one of my first purchases. When Christmas came around, I decided that would be the best opportunity to spoil myself with a big purchase.

The good thing is that this is a fairly easy game to come by, with at least 10 different sellers offering this game up on any given day on eBay. But it's not cheap. On the low end you can get one in decent shape for about $30. On the high end for one in excellent condition, you'll be spending anywhere from $50-$100 and up. I would say mine's in "Very Good" overall condition, and I'm just ecstatic. I keep mine in a protective case, so I'll know that it won't sustain anymore wear from here on out.

Definitely one of the best NES games I've ever played, and one deserving of it's reputation. I'm even considering buying an NES Advantage Controller just to further the awesome experience, since it is a first-person shooter game.

No comments:

Post a Comment