Wednesday, January 28, 2015

Hands of Steel aka Atomic Cyborg Turkish VHS

You know you have that short list of "Most Wanted Tapes" always in the back of your head. You don't even have to think about it. If you're a collector of VHS tapes, which is quite addicting I might add, you just automatically have this magical amazing list of tapes you know exist, but have never actually come across in person. For me, this is one of those tapes.

If you haven't already guessed, I'm in all kinds of love with this movie. If you scroll down a few posts back, you'll see where my Hands of Steel VHS collection stood before this beauty arrived in my mail box. Not to mention the Japanese Laserdisc and the Turkish one-sheet I also have. But I knew this particular release existed because I'd seen pictures of it on the internet, yet I never, ever came across one for sale online all these years. That is until a random conversation I recently had with a dealer online changed all that.

I had seen him selling a few Turkish VHS tapes online and decided to ask him if he had any others he may know how to get a hold of. I struck out a few times with other titles I've always been wanting to see, but when he said that he "had" them, but sold them recently, I was pretty much over the excitement......until lastly I mentioned Hands of Steel, and he said that he did in fact have one. Gasp!

A deal was secured, and thankfully, I didn't go over my cap that I put on myself as far as how much I'm willing to spend on a VHS tape. But even so, let's face it, I didn't know if I'd ever come across another in my lifetime, so I was prepared to go a little crazy for this if I had to. But thankfully, the guy was cool, and not looking to rip people off just for the sake of making a dollar. He knew the value of this, knew how much I wanted it, and gave me a very fare price. I couldn't have asked for a better transaction.

No comments:

Post a Comment