Saturday, January 17, 2015

Rambo NES Nintendo Game

Rambo: NES (1988)

When I'm on the hunt for certain items like games or VHS, I always have a list of specific titles in my head that I'm always looking for. Rambo for the NES is one of those titles. I had my eye on quite a few auctions for a long time, even bidding on a few and always lost out. I have a cap that I put on myself as far as how much I'm willing to pay for a game, and when I would bid and systematically lose on those auctions for this game, I knew I'd eventually come across another at a decent price. 

Well I didn't have to wait long. Shortly after I came across one and when it was over, I luckily ended up grabbing it for just $10. Included is the original box in "Very Good" condition, the game, game sleeve, styrofoam insert and manual. The only thing missing is whatever advertisements may have been included in it at the time.



While it was awesome to finally grab one of these, I have to say that the game itself leaves a lot to be desired. Honestly, not a lot of fun at all. The 8 Bit graphics seem exceptionally more amateurish than pretty much any 8 Bit game I've ever played and it's quite difficult. I gave it a whirl and gave up after 5 minutes. It seems that after you kill a few guys in the first scene, you're supposed to be able to access a hangar, as per the on-screen instructions, but for the life of me, I can't figure out how.
In either case, this looks awesome on my shelf in a protective box sleeve.

No comments:

Post a Comment